[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is happy to announce the immediate release of Jettison 1.4 for Mac OS X. This update improves the handling of all types of disks, and also delivers a host of new features like hotkeys, control over which disks are ejected, and support for flash drives.
Jettison is a small, purpose-built application that automatically ejects external disk drives from your Mac before you put it to sleep. Are you ready to close your MacBook and leave your desk? Jettison eliminates the hassle of manually ejecting Time Machine backup drives, network server volumes and flash drives before you put your MacBook to sleep – just close the lid and Jettison does it for you! Time Machine will be stopped and other data safely written to the drives before they’re ejected.
* Jettison can automatically eject disks at shutdown and restart as well as when your Mac goes to sleep.
* You can now assign hotkeys to eject disks, eject disks and sleep your Mac, and remount disks.
* There’s a new option to reload the USB driver at wakeup so that USB flash drives will remount without removing and reinserting them.
* Previously hidden preferences are now standard, letting you select specific disks to eject or not eject.
* There’s now a preference to hide the progress message displayed while Jettison is remounting disks.
* A number of bugs have been fixed, and Jettison has been enhanced to handle several special-case situations.
* Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.10 (Yosemite)
Pricing and Availability:
Jettison 1.4 is a free update if you purchased an earlier version. It is available for $4.95 (USD) from St. Clair Software’s web site if you haven’t already bought a license.Jettison 1.4
St. Clair Software, based in Denver, CO, is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. Copyright (C) 2014 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.