[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is happy to announce the immediate release of Jettison 1.3 for Mac OS X. This update improves support for SD cards, helps diagnose problems when OS X won’t eject a drive, improves reliability in handling all types of media, and adds support for retina displays.
Jettison is a small, purpose-built application that automatically ejects external disk drives from your Mac before you put it to sleep. Are you ready to close your MacBook and leave your desk? Jettison eliminates the hassle of manually ejecting Time Machine backup drives, network server volumes and flash drives before you put your MacBook to sleep – just close the lid and Jettison does it for you! Time Machine will be stopped and other data safely written to the drives before they’re ejected.
* There’s now a separate preference for ejecting and remounting SD cards
* SD cards are now remounted correctly (Jettison will need your administrator password)
* If it can’t eject a disk, Jettison now tells you which files are still open on the drive
* There are numerous reliability improvements in identifying, ejecting and remounting disks
* Added support for retina displays
* Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.9 (Mavericks)
Pricing and Availability:
Jettison 1.3 is a free update if you purchased an earlier version. It is available for $4.95 (USD) from St. Clair Software’s web site if you haven’t already bought a license.Jettison 1.3
St. Clair Software, based in Denver, CO, is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. Copyright (C) 2013 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.