[prMac.com] Milano, Italy – Brotens is proud to announce the release of Illuminando 1.5, an important update to their OpenGL native Cocoa OS X CAD app specialized to perform lighting calculations using 3D interactive tools that allow to obtain a simple and effective input. Various CAD tools are used to create the scene to perform the necessary calculations. Applying the “sources”, the scene will be complete for the following calculation. After calculation the result are presented in a complete RTF result. Illuminando has a CAD interface that can generate parametric objects (vaults, quadrics, domes, cubes, spheres, cones, etc..) in order to simplify the design procedures, and also can import from DXF 3D files.
Illuminando manages internal databases containing:
* Geographic/territorial information of the main italian cities
* Lighting sources catalogs and linked multi-currency prices files
* Electrical wires catalog and linked multi-currency prices files
* Special pieces catalog and linked multi-currency prices files
Illuminando has a CAD interface that can generate morphologically defined parametric objects (vaults, hipped, domes, etc..) or freely be generated through the use of primitives (cubes, spheres, cones, etc..) in order to simplify the design procedures, and also can import from DXF 3D files. The working window projects objects within a three-dimensional space that displays the axial reference system and a plane of virtual modeling. The rationalization and intuitiveness of the available commands allow the acquisition of the graphics tools provided by the Application, minimizing the learning curve. Moreover, UNDO and REDO command allow the possibility of control and security in the work developing.
Powerful LAYER and VIEW management, intelligent PASTING options (the Application allows to copy the attributes of an object and paste only those that is possible to transfer on an object with different characteristics), RESHAPE, MOVE, ROTATE, MIRROR, SCALE, OFFSET, rectangular and polar ARRAY, EXPLODE, JOIN, DIVIDE, EXTRUDE commands, online HELP for the execution of commands: these are some of the possibilities offered by Illuminando.
The light sources, calculated as volumetric sources, are managed entirely by the Application, which allows you to import, display, edit and format IESNA LM-63 (ASCII text files normally used by manufacturers of lighting fixtures-Americans), EULUMDAT (formed by European standards) and even drawings DXF (the Application converts drawings photometry!) data files; photometric solids are summarized in 36 azimithal C-curves and 180 zenithal gamma-angles, while the color of the lamps is given by the color temperature or real color.
Illuminando can export to RTF a complete list, formatted according to user needs, of the installed products and special items, full of economic computing and electrical power. Illuminando provides users with powerful tools for design optimization: a window of pre-project for rectangular rooms, L or cutted-corner, with the CIE method, the correct number of sources to achieve a certain value of illuminance on the working surface.
There is also a utility for the road projects optimization: given the width of the streat, through the choice of a variety of sources, distance and height of the poles, brackets, inclination, …, builds a database for each configuration with all the performed simulations. Through the use of filters you can choose from all the simulations carried out those that meet the parameters of law, the minimum installed capacity per kilometer, the configuration with maximum average luminance, ….
The objects of the scene to calculate, are divided into finite elements which assess the amount of direct illumination due to natural sources (sun and sky) and/or artificial. The method involves the calculation of multiple reflections (for the interior) until the complete redistribution of the illuminance (unless the user do not stop the calculation). In the event that the calculation has been interrupted, the user can resume from where it was suspended to take it to completion.
The information available when calculation is done are both visual (screen image) and numerical for the required verifications. The final real view is built in real colors or in color-scale.
The individual surfaces of the object subjected to calculation are editable and can be projected on a plane and presented with the actual colors on both faces.
Furthermore, the entire scene appears on the screen and and can be modified in real time, because the Application keeps all lighting information previously calculated. This means that the calculation time is long, but still proportional to the complexity of the scene and the number of the arranged light sources but, by counterpart, once completed, allow a total control of the scene, in real time and from whatever point of view we choose.
The outputs of numerical type can be plotted on the surfaces projected on the plane and shown in iso-value curves:
* Horizontal Illuminaments, vertical X , Y , X-, Y-, semi-cylindric and in main-camera direction
* Daylight coefficient
* Contrast factor (C.R.F.)
* Glare indexes (TI, U.G.R. and G.R.)
The displayed curves can be represented in color overlaying the view, print directly, pasted to the clipboard or saved in one of the allowed export formats (DXF, PDF, JPG).
* A report will present the list of the elements in the model, 3d and plan views, installation layout, results on each flat or curve surface, quality parameters and the computation list in rtf or rtfd format based on customizable templates
* Results can be plotted in real/false colours, curves and values map for illuminaments, luminance, RGB, glare controls,… and exported in PDF and DXF or copy/paste procedure
* Photometries may be imported through IES-NA, EULUMDAT or through a simple DXF drawing, and can be managed through a powerfull tool
* The application support 3D DXF import and export.
* All objects are parametric and are editable through simple dialogues
* Element colors can be selected through a fast palette or through the standard Macintosh color dialogue
* Use of layers to optimize drawing: elements in the scene can be created inside a ‘virtual sheet’.
* User can create, delete, move, rename, hide and show layers: elements belonging to them will follow the applied rule
* Full control of the 3D world through mouse wheel and zoom/pan/camera/rotation drawer buttons
* Optimized for OS X 10.9 Mavericks
* Sandboxed and Gatekeeper signed respecting all the Apple rules for first class OS X apps
* Full native 64 bit to take full advantage of the power of the latest Macs
New in this release:
* New Maintenance Factor Manager: permits to calculate the mainteinance factor for led fixtures
* Room Wizard: add a tool to compare multiple room lighting solution
* Road Wizard: choosable grid for free calculation
* Source Library Manager: photometry operations also with multiple selection
* Dxf import: read LWPOLYLINE
* Layer setting: add the ‘Search’ field
* Optimized for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
* Minor bugs fixed
* Extended PDF User Guide included inside, that explains step to step how to create and calculate projects plus inside a detailed User Reference on all the available commands.
Illuminando works in metric or imperial units, runs on Apple computers running OSX fully respecting the specific technology and implements OpenGL for rendering. The demo version, (available at the Brotens site), has full functionality, but marks the results with an ‘x’: once the app is registered, all documents, even those built with the demo version will be unlocked for a full reading of the results.
* Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher
* Optimized for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
* 64-bit processor
* 39.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Illuminando 1.5 is just $99.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category.Tension Software and Brocato
Purchase and Download from Mac App Store
Brotens is a join venture between Brocato, a firm involved in lighting design and calculation, and Tension Software, a company with a long experience in Mac application development. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Brotens. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.