[prMac.com] Luxembourg – Houdah Software has announced HoudahGeo 3.5, an update to their widely acclaimed photo geocoding solution for Mac OS X. HoudahGeo users can “pin” photos to locations where they were taken. HoudahGeo can store latitude, longitude and altitude information right within the image file – invisibly with no loss of quality. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags.
HoudahGeo is tightly integrated with iPhoto and Aperture Places. It offers a myriad of ways to geocode and publish photos. HoudahGeo can publish projects to EveryTrail.com, prepare them for viewing in Google Earth and upload photos to Flickr and Locr.
As a one-stop geocoding for the Mac, HoudahGeo caters to two very different needs:
* Geotagging for archival purposes using EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
* Geocoding for publishing to Google Earth, Flickr, locr, EveryTrail or Evernote
GPS device supported. GPS device optional:
HoudahGeo allows for automatic geocoding from GPS track logs. A GPS device is however optional.
HoudahGeo provides several options for manual geocoding. The most popular of which being the Map Geocoding pane: this allows for finding and selecting locations on a map. HoudahGeo gives users a choice of high quality Bing maps and satellite imagery, gorgeous MapBox maps and satellite imagery as well as CloudMade maps based on OpenStreet data.
HoudahGeo 3.5 adds the following enhancements and fixes:
* HoudahGeo can now access Lightroom 5 libraries
* HoudahGeo can now reveal locations on the Google or Bing maps web sites
* HoudahGeo can now reveal locations in Google StreetView or Bing StreetSide
* Mountain Lion users now have to option to use Apple Core Location for reverse geocoding
* The display time zone menu now list all known time zone in addition to recently used ones
Special offer: gps4cam pro
Houdah Software and the publishers of gps4cam pro for iPhone have recently teamed up to make photo geocoding easier than ever before.
What used to be the trickiest part of photo geocoding is now trivial: camera clock setup. Use your digital camera to take a picture of the QR-code displayed by gps4cam. Load that picture into HoudahGeo along with your other photographs.
In gps4cam pro, HoudahGeo users also find a convenient track logging application for iPhone: one that you are always sure to have with you when you need it.
For a limited time, customers can get gps4cam pro for free when they buy a HoudahGeo single user license from Houdah Software. After having purchased both products, customers can send us a support email. We will refund USD $4 on the HoudahGeo order. Offer valid for HoudahGeo single user license purchases made on or after May 9, 2013 from Houdah Software. Expires December 31, 2013. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
* Intel Mac
* Mac OS X Version 10.6 or higher, including 10.8 Mountain Lion
* Digital camera
* Optional GPS track logger
* Optional iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S or iPhone 5
Pricing and Availability:
* HoudahGeo 3.5 is priced at $29 USD (+ tax) for a single-user license.
* A full-featured demo version is available
* Licenses are available from the Houdah Software storeHoudah Software
Founded in 2005 by Pierre Bernard, Houdah Software is a small company based in Luxembourg, Europe. Houdah Software specializes in quality software for Mac, iPhone and Apple iPad. Our mission is to pair quality products with excellent customer support. Copyright 2005-2013 Houdah Software s.r.l. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac, Spotlight, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.