[prMac.com] Detroit, Michigan – A new Apple app ties Golf and Hollywood into a movie trivia game ala Kevin Bacon and his ‘Six Degrees of Separation,’ called Hollywood Golf 1.0. You know, where everyone on earth is connected to each other in some way within an average of six links?
The objective? Link actors together with the movies they starred in as connections. The game keeps score by counting every connection as a stroke in the game of golf.
The game begins by giving you two actors that need to be linked by the movies they appeared in. If you name the movie they each appeared in together you get a hole-in-one. But if you can’t make the connection, you can link by using a “degree of separation” with other actors to get to your actor. If you’re feeling lucky, you can also take a guess for a hole-in-one.
Like golf, there is a Par for each hole, which is a pre-determined number of links that it should take you to reach the other actor. The final score for each hole is determined by subtracting the Par for the hole from the number of links you make. For example, if the hole is a Par 3 and you make 4 links, your score is a 1 for the hole. Each game has a total of 9 holes. The player with the lowest score at the end of the 9 holes wins.
In the beginning it’s pretty easy to get a hole-in-one, but the game gets progressively harder as you get into it!
* An animated Golf Game helps keep score
* Each hole is uniquely inspired by a popular Hollywood movie
* True test of your unique movie knowledge because it allows you to answer each question using the movies that YOU know
* Movie buffs will love it because the more movies you’ve seen the more links you can use
* The game is always up to date. Hollywood Golf uses the Internet Movie Database to check your answers
* Hollywood Golf allows you to use movies that are being released now and new ones released anytime in the future
* Use the iPhone’s built in voice recognition to speak your answers instead of typing
* Hollywood Golf can be played with up to 2 players or teams
* You can even play a custom game which allows you to create your own actors match ups for each hole
* Hollywood Golf is a great game for all sorts of occasions; including Road Trips…Parties… Family Gatherings… Or even while you wait for your movie to start at the theater
Unlike other six degrees of separation games, Hollywood Golf does not rely on multiple choice which forces you to use movies you may not have seen.
Hollywood Golf was created by Chris Riashi who came up with the idea for the game while serving in the U.S. Navy back in 2006. He and his buddies would play Six Degrees of Separation over their handheld radios to stay awake on the night watch. The problem with standard Six Degrees of Separation is that there’s no way to keep score. That’s why he came up with integrating golf into the game and launching it on the iOS platform. Hollywood Golf is the first game created by C-Rock Productions. The company is based out of Detroit. The app is being promoted by Westwind iPhone App Publicity.
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 38.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Hollywood Golf 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.Hollywood Golf 1.0
Purchase and Download
Hollywood Golf is the first game created Chris Riashi founder of C-Rock Productions. The company is based out of Detroit, Michigan. Copyright (C) 2013 C-Rock Productions. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.