[prMac.com] West Hartford, Connecticut – iSpeak4U announces the immediate availability of HandySpeech 1.5. The only handwriting-to-speech application for the iPad, it provides a unique opportunity for people with speech disabilities to communicate.
This assistive technology application supplements or replaces speech for people with spoken language difficulties. HandySpeech(TM) helps people with one or more speech or language impairments, including autism, stuttering, stroke, muscular dystrophy, post-operative voice difficulties, and others. Users write what they want to say in any one of 13 languages and the software converts the handwriting into speech.
HandySpeech(TM) was created by 12-year-old Eric Zeiberg who was inspired by his sister, Julie, an autistic young girl with speech disabilities. “I hope that HandySpeech(TM) will provide much needed help and open new opportunities for people in need,” said Eric. “The application is dedicated to courageous people who struggle every day to overcome their disabilities.” Eric explains his invention in a five minute video on the iSpeak4U website.
* Assisted speech technology
* Easiest and fastest way to carry quick and casual conversation
* Context analyzer: automatic correction based on context
* Multilingual support with 13 major languages in a male or female voice
* Adaptive learning of the user writing patterns
* Cursive, PRINT, and mixEd handwriting style recognition
* Use of simple finger gestures to insert special characters such as space and return
* Alternative keyboard input
* Handwriting Recognition Technology(C) by PhatWare Corp
* Text-to-Speech powered by iSpeech, Inc
* Requires iPad with iOS 4.3 or later
* 8.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
HandySpeech 1.5 is $29.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.iSpeak4U
Purchase and Download
iSpeak4U – Formerly eCraftsmen Solutions, founded in 2003 – a provider of software products and services for mobile, web, and server applications, iSpeak4U is dedicated to creating easy to use, innovative iOS applications for people with disabilities. Copyright (C) 2012iSpeak4U. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.