[prMac.com] Valcea, Romania – Global Web is proud to announce the release of goPanel 1.0.3, an important update to their comprehensive remote Unix server management app for Mac OS X. goPanel allows any Mac OS X user to remotely connect, setup, and administer an unlimited number of Unix-based web servers, for one low price.
Cloud Servers, also known as Virtual Private Servers (VPS) are as affordable as a shared webhosting package, and make an attractive choice for users wishing to host multiple websites or who are needing more server resources for themselves. The disadvantage of this method is that management is also the responsibility of the user, as well as the configuration of any web servers. goPanel promises to make this task more convenient, and easier to accomplish.
Many providers offer the ability to manage a server via DirectAdmin, cPanel or Plesk. These are ready-to-use interfaces that take over the manual configuration. However, such interfaces require payment of a monthly fee, in many cases above the cost of the VPS itself, and also require additional server resources for the interface to run on the server. In addition, once installed, the add-on is very hard to remove, short of an Operating System reload.
goPanel is different, it is a one-time purchase, and runs on the Mac desktop, sending direct commands to the servers instead of being hosted on the server. Also, goPanel can control unlimited servers at no extra cost.
goPanel offers complete system administrator capabilities, making it easy to install and configure Apache, PHP, MySQL, FTP, domains, and email services on an unlimited number of servers, all via an easy to use native OS X interface. Users must not install any software on their servers, as all software is installed and used from the Mac desktop. Setting up a server to host websites is a 5 minute process using goPanel.
Features of goPanel include:
* The ability to add & manage unlimited servers (VPS or Dedicated)
* Easy installation, configurations, and management of Apache, PHP, FTP (Pure-FTPd), and Mail services
* Easy PHP & Apache On/Off selection of modules
* Unlimited creation of MySQL users & databases, web domains, FTP accounts and email servers
* Setup and schedule backups for server files and databases
* Setup scheduled cron jobs for automated tasks
* Easily view server logs
* Easily block troublemaker’s IP addresses from accessing servers
* Easily rollback up to 50 earlier versions of server config files, if needed
* Easy system updates to keep Linux servers up to date
One feature of goPanel that is sure to be attractive to administrators is its low cost. Popular server management package cPanel, (which has to be installed on each individual server), is a subscription software package, which runs $379 per year, per server. goPanel, which is available for a one time purchase fee of $19.99, (for a limited time), needs only be installed on one Mac computer, and then allows users to administer an unlimited amount of servers!
Why choose goPanel?
* No software is installed on the server – everything is done remotely from a single Mac
* Designed to setup a server to host websites in as little as 5 minutes
* No limitations, (limited by server resources only)
* It’s the most intuitive OSX app available to manage web servers
* It’s an alternative to control panel software that must be installed on individual servers for web hosting
* Makes it easy to install and configure Apache, PHP, MySQL, FTP, domains and emails on any server
* Allows users to easily connect and manage UNLIMITED Linux servers
“Until we brought goPanel to the Mac App Store, server administration was both more expensive, and more complicated than it needed to be,” says Global Web director Mihai Marica. “But now, all a system administrator needs to do is install goPanel on their Mac, and they’re ready to manage an unlimited number of web servers, no matter where they are located!”
What’s New in Version 1.0.3:
* Added support for Ubuntu 16.04, Debian 7, Debian 8
* Added support for authentication with: username and PEM file, with or without passphrase protection
* Added support for authentication with: username and private key (usually called ID_RSA), with or without passphrase protection
* When logging in using key pairs or private keys users will be able to supply a SUDO password if needed
* Bug fixes
Users Love goPanel:
This app is unbelievable, exactly what I was waiting for in the past 5 years, I think cPanel has 10x more features but comparing what I use from it and cost vs. goPanel app there’s no comparison really – no brainer in buying this app.” – Johan Brady
goPanel is the low cost alternative to expensive control panel software that must be installed and configured on each individual server. With goPanel, the process is simply, install the application on one Mac, connect to the server containing the fresh Linux distribution, and begin installing and configuring a new webserver, all via an easy-to-use interface. GoPanel saves money, saves time, and eases frustration.
* OS X 10.10 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 4.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
goPanel 1.0.3 is $19.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) for a limited time, and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Developer Tools category. The app will return to its usual price of $38.99 at the end of the promotional pricing period. Review copies are available upon request.goPanel 1.0.3
Purchase and Download (MAS)
goPanel User Guide
Located in Valcea, Romania, Global Web is a privately held company that has specialized in designing and hosting websites and managing servers for its clients for over 5 years. From their years of experience in the industry, Global Web realized the need for low-cost, comprehensive alternative to traditional, costly server control software. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Global Web SRL. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.