[prMac.com] Iserlohn, Germany – Independent developer Marc Mennigmann has announced FretBoard 1.9, an update to his chords & scales software for iOS devices.
This version eliminates several annoying bugs that were around in the past months. FretBoard is now under active development again and this is only an interim update on our way to v2.0 to give you the best user experience until we are ready for the next big thing…
With this release we add iOS 6 compatibility, fixed some graphic glitches, fixed wrong fret numbers when swapping the nut, and finally FretBoard will save it’s state again when you quit the app. Further we dropped the price by 50% in preparation for the upcoming 2.0 release in 2013.
FretBoard is a reference tool for players of the stringed instruments supporting Guitar, Banjo, Bouzouki, Bass (4, 5 and 6 string), Mandolin (4 and 5 course), Violin, Viola, Cello, Lute, Viola da gamba, Baroque Lute, Ukulele, Dobro, Charango, Lap Steel Guitar, Pedal Steel, Dulcimer, all Chapman Sticks, all guitars and bass guitars tuned and set up for two-handed tapping, alternative guitar tunings and many other exotic instruments like Timple Canario, Huapanguera, Cuatro Puertoriqueo, Jarana Jarocha or Cavaquinho.
Currently FretBoard holds a collection of 167 instrument tunings in 15 instrument groups, and can visualize 68 chords and 83 scales on these instruments. FretBoard has an immense amount of music theory packed in a simple and intuitive interface guaranteeing fast access and easy understanding.
Features of FretBoard:
* Display the position of notes on the fretboard of virtually any stringed instrument (currently FretBoard sports 167 different tunings for instruments from 3 to 14 strings).
* Display chords in every key (68 chords are in the database).
* Display scales and modes in every key (83 scales, including church modes, Jazz, Blues, Bebop, geometrical and world music scales in the database).
* Two informative and detailed landscape views – one to display notenames – one to display intervals.
* Add or delete notes of scales or chords with a simple tap.
* The only app calculating the correct enharmonic spelling for notes in scales and chords.
* Orient the neck in whichever direction you prefer – right hand and left hand orientation included.
* Optional display of fretmarkers (inlays). The instruments database now holds fretmarkers positions for most of the instruments.
* Skin support. You can choose from several woods, strings and inlays to personalize the look of the landscape view.
* When you quit the current view is saved as the new default.
FretBoard is the best tool to enhance your knowledge about chords and scales making it easy to look them up in seconds and play them on your instrument. FretBoard offers you the most complete set of chords and scales and is currently the only software on the iPhone and iPod touch to calculate correct enharmonic spellings!
* iOS 4.3 or later
* iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
* 8.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
FretBoard: Visualize Chords & Scales 1.9 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.FretBoard 1.9
Purchase and Download
Located in Iserlohn, Germany, indie developer Marc Mennigmann started programming and developing back in the Palm handheld and MacOS 7 days, but now is specialized in iOS applications. Copyright (C) 2012 Marc Mennigmann. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.