[prMac.com] Ljubljana, Slovenia – Dawn of Play proudly announces the first major update to Dream of Pixels, now with more puzzles, iCloud support and a surprise for Christmas!
12 new features at 12:12:12:
* 40 New puzzles -> 100 puzzles total
* Ask For Help with puzzles and share animated solutions
* iCloud Sync for unlocked puzzles and modes
* Solved iPhone notifications hiding the tetromino – now also shown on the bottom left
* New Record local high score notification
* Christmas surprise (hint: new Classic skin)
* Gift this Game button
* Notifications of achievement now customized and sliding up from the bottom edge
* Game Center offline mode tweaks – now syncs achievements and scores when coming back online
* check for other music playing even when just switching to foreground
* white screen fade tweaks – also see Settings
* “You won!” text in Nightmare on successfully merging all the blocks
Dream of Pixels, featuring these awesome puzzle designs as tributes to the indie games we love:
* Punch Quest by MadGarden and RocketCat Games
* Fez by Polytron Corporation
* Mikey Shorts by BeaverTap Games
* Gish by Alex Austin, Edmund McMillen, Josiah Pisciotta and Chronic Logic
* Hydorah by Locomalito
* Super Crate Box by Vlambeer
* Trainyard by Matt Rix
* Micro Miners by Bonuslevel.org Games
* Passage by Jason Rohrer
* Spelunky by Derek Yu
* Polymer by Whitaker Blackall
* VVVVVV by Terry Cavanagh
To unlock the special Christmas Classic skin, open the home screen Settings app, find DreamPixels settings and switch on the Christmas mode! It will also activate automatically for everyone for 3 days on and around Christmas eve.
Please see the attached screenshots for a preview of the new puzzles and the new Christmas Classic skin.
Dawn of Play will be happy to provide promo codes for review purposes or possible contests or give-aways!
Dream of Pixels is a beautiful falling blocks puzzle game – in reverse! A brilliant twist on the old classic – unpack tetromino blocks instead of the usual packing. Tap on the mesmerizing grid to unpack tetrominos and watch them spin, rotate and fall. Clear the lines from the beautiful cloudy grid fast enough – or it’s dream over.
* Enjoy the beautiful ever-changing visuals
* Unpack lines in this brilliant twist on the falling blocks classic
* Play 5 modes: Classic, Puzzle, Pro, Nightmare and Shattered Dream
* Relax in Zen Puzzle mode – slow down and think about it
* Listen to the amazing music, matching the visual experience perfectly
* Challenge your friends via the new Game Center challenges
* Share animated screenshots on Twitter and Facebook
* iOS 5.0 or later
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* 43.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Dream of Pixels 1.0.15 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.Dream of Pixels
Purchase and Download
iQi Top 5 Tetris-inspired games
Metacritic Top 10 November Games
Located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, Dawn of Play is an independent game development studio and an amazing team of gamers since childhood. Led by passion we give birth to fun and innovative games. We believe in gameplay before bling, skill before luck and fun before patience. Copyright (C) 2012 Dawn of Play. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Game Designer, Co-Founder