[prMac.com] Milano, Italy – Tension Software is proud to announce the release of DMG Master 2.5.1 their OS X application to create a standard Disk Image Archive with just one click. DMG Master is a document based application to create standard Disk Image Archive with just one click. Disk Image Archive is the universal standard on OS X, is recognized by any Mac and Disk Image Archive (.dmg) files can be opened on any Mac without any software. On any Mac, clicking on a Disk Image Archive, opens and mount the archive as a disk on your desktop
DMG Master facilitates the repetitive task to create Disk Image Archive saving archive creation settings inside documents. This approach allow to save a lot of time in the use of the software if compared with the classic ‘utility’ approach. To create an updated disk image archive is enough to open a previous saved DMG Master document and click ‘Make Disk Image’ and the application creates the archive using the sources, destination, name and setting pre-saved inside the document.
For repetitive creation of changing content, the disk image is created on the fly with the updated content as specified inside the document and with the possibility to have custom image name containing date tags. When in future you need to update the archive, you reopen the document and press the button. Done. Date tags allows to automatically save the current year, month, day, time in the created archive name.
DMG Master can save and manage an unlimited number of documents on disk, managing each a separate archive to be created with specific sources, settings and destinations. DMG Master can use a ‘Make Disk at Opening’ option to create backup archive without user interaction, using scripts or launcher utilities such as Cronette, simply opening DMG Master documents. DMG Master can save archive also in encrypted format to make your data unavailable without the correct password. It uses the AES-128 or the AES-256 algorithm for encryption.
DMG Master can be useful to create archives for different purposes:
* Make generic backup of your data, also unattended.
* Make backup for remote server archiving private data encrypted for safety transmission
* Store data on a ftp server
* Store data on CD in a compact form
* Sending reserved data via the net (using encrypted archives)
* Using Email accounts as a backup server (sending to your gmail account archives as email attachment)
* Storing files on external devices
* Create download archive (.dmg files are compact and transmissible via the net without any loss)
* Uses all the cool features of Mac OS X, full-screen mode, resume, auto save, versions.
* Saves all the settings in document, and takes full advantage of versions under Mac OS X Lion
* Drag & Drop to add files to archive or specify destination
* Native optional AES-256 encryption
* Easily shows used file in the finder
* Up to 9 levels of compressions
* Creates and compress archives in background using multithreading tasks
* Generates archives anyone can open on any mac without using any software, just clicking them
* Includes native Help and an embedded PDF user guide
New in this release
* Bug fix
* Optimized for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
* Mac OS X 10.10
DMG Master 2.5.1 is $6.99 USD, (or an equivalent amount in other currencies), and is available from the Tension Software web site.Tension Software
DMG Master 2.5.1
Direct Download Link
Tension Software develops software for Mac OS X and iOS using the latest Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Tension Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.