[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is pleased to deliver Default Folder X 5.1.9 today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs offers new capabilities. It tracks recently closed Finder windows, allowing you to quickly reopen a window you used recently. It also ensures that the “Hide extension” checkbox in Save As dialogs works even in applications that don’t properly support it. It also corrects several bugs.
Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you quickly navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
The changes in Default Folder X 5.1.9 include:
* A new “Recently Closed” submenu in Default Folder X’s Finder Windows menu lets you easily re-open recently closed Finder windows
* Default Folder X ensures that the “Hide extension” checkbox works in apps that don’t properly support it (including Google Chrome)
* Better compatibility with iCloud’s “Desktop and Documents on iCloud Drive” feature
* Improved support for old Carbon-based applications running on High Sierra
* A new option to make Default Folder X use color icons in its toolbar
* Fixes for several bugs that could cause Default Folder X to crash
* macOS 10.10 through 10.13
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 5.1.9 is a free update for existing version 5 users. New licenses are $34.95 (USD) and upgrades from version 4 and prior are $14.95. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information. St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this update.Default Folder X 5.1.9
Detailed Change History
Download Default Folder X
Purchase Default Folder X
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2017 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, Macintosh, macOS and Finder are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.