[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is pleased to release Default Folder X 5.0 today. This is a major upgrade of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs. It has been rewritten from the ground up to provide compatibility with El Capitan and deliver new features that its many users have requested.
Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What’s New in Default Folder X 5:
* Fully compatible with El Capitan (with System Integrity Protection turned on or off)
* Support for tabbed Finder windows in the Finder-click feature
* Default folders that can be applied by file extension as well as by application
* Hierarchical menus can now display all folders before files
* Tracking of recent files as well as recent folders
* An integrated menu in the Finder’s toolbar
* Configurable keyboard shortcuts
* More information displayed for selected files
* File / folder tagging with draggable recent tags
* A new drag & drop sidebar for quick access to files and folders
* An updated user interface for setting preferences, adding favorites and setting default folders
* Mac OS X 10.10 through 10.11 El Capitan
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 5 is a $14.95 paid upgrade for version 4 users who purchased their licenses before June 1, 2015. For users who purchased on or after June 1, the upgrade is free. Default Folder X costs $34.95 (USD) for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screenshots and additional feature information. St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.Default Folder X 5.0
Download Default Folder X
Purchase Default Folder X
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2016 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.