[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is happy to announce that Default Folder X 4.6.5 is available today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs adds the ability to duplicate files and folders within a file dialog and corrects compatibility issues with Mavericks, OmniOutliner and NetNewsWire.
Default Folder X was honored with Macworld Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility because it makes Open and Save dialogs “work the way they should.” Its custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What’s New in Default Folder X 4.6.5:
* You can now create a copy of a selected file or folder within a file dialog using Default Folder X’s new Duplicate command
* You can use the Cmd-Shift-C keyboard shortcut to go to “My Computer” in file dialogs
* Fixed a problem that could cause OmniOutliner 4 to stall for two minutes when saving files
* Default Folder X now ensures that Open dialogs in NetNewsWire begin in the correct folder
* To be consistent with the Finder, the Desktop is now accessed within file dialogs using Cmd-Shift-D
* A “ReboundInColumnView” option enables Default Folder X’s rebound feature when you’re using column view in Open dialogs – Option-click on the Settings button in the Default Folder X preference pane to change it
* When updating itself, Default Folder X will pop the “Install and Relaunch” window to the front after the update finishes downloading
* Default Folder X’s Preview and Spotlight windows sometimes appeared in the middle of the screen if the file dialog was large enough to push them off the bottom of the screen – This has been fixed
* The first two items in Default Folder X’s Favorites menu are now correctly displayed when you access it from the menubar
* Fixed a bug that could cause an application’s file dialog to crash in unusual circumstances
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.6 through Mavericks
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.6.5 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It costs $34.95 (USD) for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.Default Folder X 4.6.5
Download Default Folder X
Purchase Default Folder X
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2014 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.