With the COVID-19 pandemic bringing new and unexpected challenges for customs and immigration authorities worldwide, it is now more important than ever for international border professionals to meet and discuss these issues head-on.
With this in mind, SMi Group are delighted to announce that the Estonian Police and Border Guard Administration will be presenting at next year’s Border Security Conference, taking place virtually on the 10th-11th February 2020, on Spain’s Border response to COVID-19.
Registration is FREE for military and government personnel, and just £499 for commercial organisations. Register at http://www.bordersec-conference.com/pr3
Mr Egert Belitsev, Head of Integrated Border Management Bureau, Estonian Police and Border Guard Administration will be briefing on ‘Estonian Police and Border Guard COVID-19 Response’, which will cover:
• Overview of the Estonian response to the pandemic and the technical means to monitor travellers
• Measures taken to monitor the quarantine regime
• Changes to the structure of the Police and Border Guard and future modernization plans
In the broadest view, the Police and Border Guard Board’s main functions are related to preserving law and order, investigating and preventing crimes and misdemeanours, guarding the border, rescue at sea, determining the grounds and status for people staying in Estonia, and issuing identity documents.
The two-day agenda features more dedication sessions on COVID-19: Border Security in a Pandemic. The presentations include:
• ‘Customs Enforcement Adaptation During COVID-19’ presented by Mr Samy Gardemeister, Director of Enforcement, Finnish Customs
• ‘BorderXpress Operation in Cyprus & Covid-19 Measures’ presented by Mr Yiannis Harpas, Senior Manager Operations Pafos International Aiport, Hermes Airports Ltd
• ‘Czech Republic Response to COVID-19 and Working with Schengen’ Presented by Mr Jiri Celikovsky, Head of Unit for Coordination of Schengen Cooperation and Border Control, Department for Asylum and Migration Policy, Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic
• ‘Effect on the Spanish Border and Implications for Border Management and Security’ presented by Dr Enrique Belda, Deputy Director General of Communication and Information Systems for Security, Spanish Ministry of the Interior Administration
• ‘Combatting Fraud and Criminality During the COVID-19 Crisis: The US Experience’ presented by Mr Jason Thompson, Assistant Chief e3/Biometrics, United States Border Patrol
The brochure including the full programme details is available online at http://www.bordersec-conference.com/pr3
Conference: 10th – 11th February 2021
Virtual Conference: Online Access Only
Sponsored by Thermo Fisher Scientific
For sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, please contact Sadia Malick on +44 (0) 20 7827 6748 or smalick ( @ ) smi-online dot co dot uk
For delegate enquiries, contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 20 7827 6054 or jhitchen ( @ ) smi-online dot co dot uk
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk