[prMac.com] Casselberry, Florida – Econ Technologies updates ChronoSync to version 4.5.2. This maintenance release includes enhancements to bootable backups and over 30 features and fixes. ChronoSync is a Mac app that can synchronize, backup, and create bootable backups. ChronoSync can synchronize or backup to most anything that can connect to a Mac, including folders on a Mac, other Macs, PC’s, and external drives. ChronoSync is $40 and, as always, existing users update for free. No user is ever left behind.
This minor update follows the major update of ChronoSync 4.5, released back in June, and regardless of the extent of the update it’s always free to every user. Econ has been creating ChronoSync for over 10 years and never charged for an update. That means every feature, every fix, every enhancement, every OS update, and any added functionality is free. No matter how Apple changes their technology, ChronoSync will to continue to operate without a hitch.
ChronoSync 4.5.2, although a maintenance update, does include speed improvements to the creation and maintenance of bootable backups. In addition to synchronization and standard backups of files ChronoSync can create and maintain a bootable backup or clone of an entire system drive. In addition to backing up files, a bootable backup can boot directly from the backup drive so a Mac can still operate if the primary drive fails. Furthermore by installing ChronoAgent on a destination Mac, ChronoSync can maintain a bootable backup over a network to internal or external drives connected to the remote Mac.
Here is a short list of notable features in ChronoSync 4.5.2.
* The synchronizer and container document Rename, Delete, and Duplicate now produce more meaningful error messages if those operations fail.
* Implemented a custom configuration option (via plist settings) to return to creating “Untitled” synchronizer documents on application launch & activation.
* Implemented more efficient collection of file metadata such as as extended attributes and ACLs.
* The file synchronization engine will now only force copying new files to a temporary file name on file server connections.
* Added better fall-back logic for situations where some file systems produce errors when certain file access permissions are requested.
* The file copying logic now iterates file forks more efficiently.
* Added the option to control file copying cache behavior via plist settings.
* Eliminated some inefficiencies in the copy engine that were carry-overs from very early versions of the application.
* Changed the terminology displayed in the user interface when selecting a custom location for the “Synchronizer Documents” folder.
* Added workaround logic that should prevent various progress sheet windows from failing to show progress on certain systems.
* Added logic to prevent accidental deletion of files when running the installer on 10.6 systems after a very specific (and obscure) sequence of events.
* Updated the volume blacklist for bootable targets and auto-exclusion.
Check out the Release Notes online for a complete list.
ChronoSync can synchronize or backup to anything you can connect to your Mac. That includes folders on your Mac, other Macs, PC’s, external drives, NAS drives, or anything you can mount to your Mac. Even sync to iPhones or iPads using the combination of ChronoSync and InterConneX. ChronoSync runs on Mac computers and is designed to work on Mac OS X 10.6 and higher. Full working trial versions are available online or purchase ChronoSync for $40.
ChronoAgent runs on a Mac and provides a direct connection to ChronoSync on another Mac or InterConneX on an iPhone or iPad. ChronoAgent for Mac runs on Mac computers and is designed to work on Mac OS X 10.5 and higher. Full working trial versions are available online or purchase ChronoAgent for $10.
InterConneX brings file sharing and file management to the iPhone and iPad. Share files between any iOS device running InterConneX, access files from a Mac running ChronoAgent, or synchronize files from a Mac running ChronoSync. InterConneX for the iPhone & iPad will run on iOS 5, 6 or 7 and is a free app available from the Apple App Store.Econ Technologies
Econ Technologies, Inc. was established in Central Florida in 1991 by D. Proni. It is named after the Econlockhatchee River, which flows near our offices in Oviedo, FL. Initially formed to create hard drive systems and utility software for Apple computers, Econ shifted its focus in 1993 towards Apple Macintosh software development. Econ Technologies, Inc has been creating Apple(R) software for over 20 years including the ChronoSync Connection which links ChronoSync(TM) for Mac(R) OS X, ChronoAgent(TM) for Mac(R) OS X, and InterConneX(TM) for the iPhone(R) & iPad(R) together. For information about the ChronoSync Connection visit Econ Technologies online. Copyright (C) 1991-2014 Econ Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.