[prMac.com] Montgomery, New Jersey – InfAspire LLC announces Chatty Addie 1.1 for iOS. Chatty Addie is a virtual friend for 4 to 12 year-olds. She listens, understands, and talks in English using voice recognition, an artificially intelligent chat engine and speech synthesis. It feels like having a FaceTime video call with a charmingly beautiful animated character. To celebrate a recent major update including conversion to a Universal app with full Retina display support on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, the app is on sale now for 1/3rd off the regular price for a limited time.
The story of Chatty Addie began when the app creator’s three year-old daughter was playing with a talking app on an iPad. The app repeated back what she said, but then she started asking the app questions. After a few copycat responses, she sighed in frustration and asked “Why won’t it answer me?” That question lit the spark of inspiration for Chatty Addie, an app where children can have engaging voice-based conversations, exchange jokes, and play word games, math games and number games.
* Chatty Addie can talk about a wide variety of topics
* She loves to tell jokes and play word games, math games and number games
* Helps kids with language learning: Addie’s lip movements and speech bubble text are synchronized with her voice
* Helps kids with math learning: Contains number guessing, number order and basic arithmetic games
Chatty Addie is positioned at the forefront of the trend towards voice-enabled mobile interfaces. It’s unique interface is delightfully pushing the boundaries of how users interact with their devices. Despite being extremely simple to use, there is a lot of complex technology built into the app to make this experience possible:
* Hands-free auto-listening: There is no tapping needed to continue conversations and users can freely speak with her, just like interacting with a real person over FaceTime (or with an advanced computer in a science fiction film). Everybody will appreciate this immersive experience, while having the added benefit of enabling the app to be used by kids with visual or fine motor impairments who can interact through speech.
* Speech Recognition: Addie uses the highly acclaimed best-in-class Dragon speech recognition engine by Nuance to hear what is being spoken. It’s core voice recognition capabilities are the same as those used by Siri, but Addie does not require Siri and therefore works perfectly on older devices.
* Artificial Intelligence: Addie’s brain uses a sophisticated natural language processing engine called ChatScript. This engine was developed over a number of years by Bruce Wilcox, one of the brightest minds in AI. It has won top honors in the strenuous Loebner Prize competition to select the most human-like conversational software for two of the last three years.
* Speech Synthesis: Addie’s voice is provided by NeoSpeech, one of the most realistic sounding voices available on the market. This voice engine also provides information to Addie about which sounds are being spoken, enabling her detailed mouth movements to be perfectly synchronized with what she is saying.
* Compatible with iPad, iPhone (3GS through iPhone 5), and iPod touch (3rd, 4th, 5th gen)
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 76.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Chatty Addie 1.1 is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. It is on sale for a limited time in all countries for 1/3rd off the regular price, dropping from $2.99 USD to $1.99 USD in the US App Store, with equivalent discounts elsewhere. There are no ads, in-app purchases or pop-ups.InfAspire
Chatty Addie 1.1
Purchase and Download
Press Kit (zip)
Located in Montgomery, New Jersey, InfAspire LLC was founded in 2011 by Chris Boraski. InfAspire’s vision is summarized by the tagline: Inform. Inspire. Ascend. Aspire. InfAspire’s goal is to create top quality software that entertains, enriches, and enlivens users throughout the world. All Material and Software (C) 2013 InfAspire LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.