[prMac.com] Milano, Italy – Tension Software announces Calcline 4.1, a simply powerful math calculator for OS X. Calcline allows users to have a powerful algebra solver in a small strip window taking just a small portion of your Mac screen. It opens in a flash ready to be used.
You can use it for simple additions or for complex formula using and assigning variables and constants. Variables and constants can be managed and assigned in a intuitive to use table (in a separate window) with simple clicks. Performed calculations can be displayed in a separate log window (content retained over re-launches).
Calcline offers an array of functionalities to help you work in a fast and effective way. You can work with all the variables and constants in a separate window, creating, deleting assigning them with click and edit. You can also create and assign variables via calcline assignment.
You can specify precision displays up to 16 decimal positions, work in radians or degrees, and always have available a popup to paste (without errors) all the available formulas, and defined variables and constants. You can have the variable and constant values displayed inside the main strip windows. If you need detailed instructions Calcline has a PDF User Guide included (as any application created by Tension Software).
* Any performed calculations can be saved inside a log
* You can select to show step-by-step calculation or just the result
* Log content is retained over re-launch of the application
* At any time you can reset it
Variables and constants can be displayed also in a compact form inside the main calc window. Calcline works with your international preferences settings (as example it uses ,’ for decimals or .’ depending of your country)
You can force at any time to like the value you like via the preferences.
It works also as a service to all the other apps you have installed on your Mac! You just select a math expression in any other app you have and from the service menu (available in any application on OS X) and paste the result!
Using it in an advanced way, Calcline offers mathematical expressions with infinite level of parenthesis to nest expressions and a large selections of math functions as: square root, cube root, trigonometric sine, trigonometric cosine, trigonometric tangent, trigonometric arcsine, trigonometric arccosine, trigonometric arctangent, hyperbolic sine, hyperbolic cosine, hyperbolic tangent, hyperbolic arcsine, hyperbolic arccosine, hyperbolic arctangent, natural logarithm, base 10 logarithm, exponent base e, exponent base 2, exponent base 10, absolute, ceil, floor, factorial computation.
* Opens in a flash, it’s Mac native code only for Mac only (no cross-platform crap inside)
* Uses a small strip windows that let you still focus on the other task you are working on
* Evaluates mathematical expressions with parentheses, nested functions, variables and constants
* Easy to use and effective
* Variable creation and reference inside expressions are very easy using an interactive table
* Constant table with editable values
* Variables and constants values are retained over different runs
* Expressions solved optionally step by step showing all the mathematical passages
* Uses a very small window, expandable if necessary to show vars/consts
* Offers calculation service to other Apps, just selecting an expression and choosing ‘Calc With Calcline’ from the services menu
* Based on a custom fast calculation engine developed by Tension Software on OS X
* Uses long double calculation (High precision with up to 16 decimal digit precision)
* Pop-up for fast introduction of variables and constants in formula
* DEG and RAD calculation for trigonometric functions
* Numeric format customisable depending the user needs and country
* Values and position retained over relaunches
* Embedded PDF user guide
New in this release:
* The import function variables and constants now has the ability to auto-detect the file encode format (solved problems with files coming from MS Excel)
* New file encode formats for text file to import, 9 accepted formats such as (UTF8, ASCII, UTF16, UTF32, OLD MAC OS 9) and others
* Now can import using also CSV-S format (Comma Separated Values using Semicolon) often used by Excel and other MS products
* New instant ‘Delete Input’ button
* OS X Version 10.8 or higher
* Optimized for OS X 10.9
* 2.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Calcline 4 version 4.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category.Tension Software
Calcline 4 version: 4.1
Purchase and Download (MAS)
Tension Software develops software for Mac OS X and iOS using the latest Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Tension Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.