[prMac.com] Stockholm, Sweden – With the latest version of Bit of Exercise now available in the App Store. Bit of Exercise continues to add support for sharing to popular sites and file formats. Version 1.2 adds Daily Mile export and sharing as well as support for import and export of Garmin TCX files.
* Adds Daily Mile sharing and export.
* Adds import and export of Garmin TCX files.
* Adds manual compose sheets for RunKeeper and Daily Mile.
* Adds new export panel where you set up your email attachments or export directly to RunKeeper or Daily Mile.
* Adds help from the categories view that gives direct access to the online Bit of Exercise help.
Bit of Exercise takes the user’s outdoor activities, such as running, cycling and walking, to a new level. No longer do users have to manually keep a record over their exercise data. Instead Bit of Exercise will handle the recording of the user’s exercises for them, using their iPhone’s built in GPS’s. After completing an exercise the user will be able to review it in detail, compare it with a reference and share it with friends without leaving their iPhone.
As the users are advancing, they will soon start to appreciate how Bit of Exercise allows them to combine their activities into multi-segment activity programs. This allows a user to set up more complex exercises, such as interval and hill training programs. Combine this with the use of start and end criteria, and the guidance from spoken announcements, and the user will have an amazing exercise coach in their iPhone.
Innovative and Unique Features:
* Detailed examination of exercise data along routes
* Powerful hierarchical organization of settings and exercises
* Start and end criteria for more automated recording
* Combine activities into arbitrary complex exercise programs
* Profiles let the user to reuse groups of related settings
Intuitive Recording and Reviewing:
* Feature rich dashboard for recording and reviewing
* No need to visit a website for detailed analysis of exercise data
* Compete against and compare results with a reference
* Exercise statistics with filtering for tracking progress over time
* Sophisticated filtering of the iPhone’s raw GPS location data
* Share results with Facebook, Twitter, RunKeeper and Daily Mile
Flexible And Feature Rich Settings:
* Handles multiple activities and their settings with ease
* Highly configurable, professionally spoken announcements
* Use headphone remote to pause and resume exercise
* Auto pause detection for removal of non-active time
* Easy import and export of exercise data
Even though Bit of Exercise might not be the first app of its kind, Bit of Mind believes it has the potential to become the best. Bit of Exercise would not come to be if Bit of Mind did not feel that the current offerings in the App Store are either too simplistic and limiting or too feature bloated and complex to use. Hence, Bit of Exercise has been carefully designed to achieve a better balance between ease of use and powerful features. On top of that, Bit of Exercise also introduces many new and powerful features.
The interface of Bit of Exercise is surprisingly simple considering the amount of features that it contains. Bit of Mind have worked hard to keep the interface clean and easy to use, both for new users and more advanced users. As soon as the user grasps the basic hierarchal organization of their exercises and settings they will be amazed how powerful it is. This will be especially evident when the user is starting to use many different kinds of activities, all with their special requirements.
As for the more advanced features, a lot of effort has been put into allowing activity segments to be combined into multi-segment activity programs. When this is combined with the setup up of different start and end criteria, many of the typically manual operations, such as start, stop and stepping between activity segments, can be elegantly automated. Bit of Exercise also contains an advanced auto pause detection algorithm, that helps removing non active parts from the user’s exercises.
With Bit of Exercise the user don’t have to upload their exercise data to a website to be able to properly analyze it. Neither do they have to setup any accounts or pay any monthly fees. Instead Bit of Exercise has been designed to make the experience of reviewing your exercises within the app both fun and extensive. From the dashboard the user can review most aspects of their exercises in detail. Graphs and maps can be zoomed, and the user can easily navigate to any location along an exercise’s route. All the user’s exercise results are also easily compared against a reference of choice.
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S or iPhone 5
* iOS 5.0 or later
* 10.6 MB
Pricing And Availability:
Bit of Exercise sells for $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category.Bit of Exercise
Purchase and Download
Mans Bernhardt founded Bit of Mind AB in the fall of 2010, with the focus on developing great iPhone applications. Mans has an extensive experience in developing consumer applications. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Bit of Mind AB. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.