[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California – Auryn, Inc., the most award-winning digital publisher of children’s storybook apps, today is pleased to announce the release of The Chalk Box Story app for children. In this app, eight very special sticks of colored chalk transform blank sheets of paper into exciting stories that become quite real. Pieces of colored chalk draw a story about a boy stranded on an island and the turtle who rescues him.
This app encourages creativity, helps children learn colors and reading skills while also instilling the spirit of team work. Based on Don Freeman’s book by the same name, The Chalk Box Story is beautifully illustrated and is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. Available now on the iTunes App Store.
Key features of the new Auryn storybook app include:
* Interactivity allows kids sharpen their vocabulary skills
* Kids are encouraged to color the picture which teaches color and object association
*The Bonus part of the app explains the role of various objects in nature
* Karaoke effect – when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted
In addition, there are two ways to read the book:
* Narration On mode: Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. Once the narration finishes, the child can color the objects
* Narration Off mode: There is no narration and the child can color the picture without having to read the story
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 70.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Chalk Box Story 1.0 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.Auryn
The Chalk Box Story 1.0
Founded by Academy award-winning visual effects experts from Hollywood’s top movie studios, Auryn Inc. is the most award-winning digital publisher of storybook and creative apps for the iPad, iPhone, Android and other tablet devices. Uniting leading technologists and creative artists, Auryn’s patented technology enables the company to produce ground-breaking interactive content for the new emerging tablet medium. Recognized by the Producers Guild of America and Variety magazine as the Digital 25 top innovator in Emerging Media and winner of more app awards than any other digital publisher, Auryn is paving the way in digital publishing and fast-becoming the leader in children’s storybook apps. Copyright (C) 2012 Auryn Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.