[prMac.com] Moscow, Russian Federation – ABBYY(R), a leading provider of document recognition, data capture and linguistic technologies and services, announces that FineReader Pro for Mac, a professional OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application for efficient document scanning and conversion on the Mac platform is now available with seven user interface languages including English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and Japanese. The application allows Mac users to easily edit, share, archive and search through their documents by turning them into popular electronic file formats, as well as effortlessly copy and quote text from scans, PDFs and digital photos. By providing highly accurate text recognition, intelligent reconstruction of layout and formatting, and a straightforward interface, FineReader Pro for Mac offers a reliable alternative to manual retyping.
Aimed to simplify everyday work with documents and images, FineReader Pro for Mac streamlines tasks which have historically been time-consuming for Mac users. The solution provides handy tools for scanning documents and converting images of documents such as scans, photographs and PDFs into popular formats including DOCX, ODT, RTF, XSLX, searchable and protected PDF and PDF/A, PPTX, HTML, EPUB(R), and FB2. In addition, it allows users to process and recognize only selected areas on a document to quickly copy and quote information they need without having to process the entire document. FineReader Pro for Mac can also be effectively used to prepare documents for use by various text-to-speech utilities.
* Unmatched OCR Accuracy and Broadest Language Support on Mac – FineReader Pro for Mac is based on ABBYY’s award-winning OCR and document conversion technology that delivers up to 99.8 percent accuracy* of character recognition. Moreover, it automatically detects and recognizes text in more than 180 languages including European languages, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Hebrew and Arabic – in any combination.
* Converting to Microsoft(R) Word, PDF, and Apache OpenOffice Writer with Native Formatting – With ABBYY’s intelligent Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT(R)), FineReader Pro for Mac precisely re-creates document structure and formatting across multiple pages, including text size and font styles, tables, diagrams, columns, headers, footers, footnotes, table of contents, page numbers and other attributes commonly found in multi-page documents. When saving to PDF, the application identifies and reproduces the document’s content outline bookmarks with live links for better navigating and reading.
* Intuitive, Task-Oriented User Interface – FineReader Pro for Mac offers a highly-optimized, easy-to-navigate user interface designed to reduce the amount of steps typically required to process documents to a single click of a button.
* Digital Camera OCR and Image Pre-processing – Users can photograph documents for OCR and conversion by using their cameras and mobile devices as alternatives to common scanners. Depending on the image, FineReader Pro for Mac applies various image pre-processing options to correct possible distortions before recognition. With its versatile Image Editor, users can also correct brightness and contrast, straighten curved text lines, correct trapezium distortions, reduce ISO noise, remove motion blur, split dual pages, crop images, and more.
* Reliable Archiving and Sharing of PDFs – FineReader Pro for Mac allows users to truly leverage the PDF format in their daily work by turning documents into searchable, compressed and protected PDF files. It can also create PDF outlines for fast navigation across a document, support tagged PDFs that are optimized for portable and screen reader devices, and export to the PDF/A format for long-term archiving.
* Quick E-book Creation – The application can be easily used to convert paper documents and images to formats supported by e-book readers, tablet PCs and smartphones, including the popular Electronic Publication (.ePub) and FictionBook (.fb2) formats.
* According to internal ABBYY testing – Accuracy and formatting results can vary depending on factors such as document quality and scanner settings.
The latest version of FineReader Pro for Mac with seven interface languages is available for purchase via the Mac App Store and the ABBYY Online store. Customers who previously purchased FineReader Pro for Mac will have access to newly added interface languages through updates in the Mac App Store or by downloading the new version from the ABBYY Web site.ABBYY
ABBYY FineReader Pro for Mac
ABBYY is a leading provider of document recognition, data capture, and linguistic technologies and services. ABBYY products are used in large-scale government projects such as those of Australian Taxation Office, Lithuanian Tax Inspectorate, Ministry of Education of Russia, Ministry of Education of Ukraine, and Montgomery County Government of the USA. Companies that license ABBYY technologies include BancTec, Canon, EMC/Captiva, Hewlett-Packard, KnowledgeLake, Microsoft, NewSoft, Notable Solutions, Samsung Electronics and more. ABBYY OCR applications are shipped with equipment from the world’s top manufacturers such as Epson, Fujitsu, Fuji Xerox, Microtek, Panasonic, Plustek, Toshiba, and Xerox. ABBYY is headquartered in Moscow, Russia, with offices in Germany, the UK, the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Cyprus, Australia, Japan and Taiwan. ABBYY, FineReader, ADRT are either registered trademarks or trademarks of ABBYY Software Ltd. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.